Wednesday, March 23, 2011

ACS Junior @ Butterfly Lodge

Over a period of 3 days began from 21st February '11, ACS Junior visited the Hydroponics Farm and the Butterfly Lodge.
Most of these young pupils dressed in striking red T-shirt paid close attention to the tour guide describing the 4 stages of the life cycle of a butterfly. We could see that an outdoor experiential learning could really engage these young minds.They were waiting orderly and eagerly outside the butterfly enclosure for their turns to come face-to-face with the flying jewels. "Lastly, please follow these instructions. When you are inside the Lodge - no pushing, no screaming and no catching of butterflies... " The photographer being photographed.. "Let me see, let me see..." "Which is prettier, the flower or the butterfly?" "Anymore butterflies landing on my head?" "Hmmm, should I or should I not try catching a butterfly ? " I think I just stand here watching its beauty. "Look! It's a plane, it's a bird, no it's a butterfly..."
"Come, land on my hand, my beauties..." "Awesome! I must take a photo of this beauty..." Now they were ready to answer quiz questions and win some prizes back - of course they brought lots of beautiful memories and photos home as well.

More photos of the learning journey can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment