It was a sunny 24th September, Oh' Farms welcomed a group of enthusiastic students from De La Salle Primary School touring the hydroponics farm.
"Arhhh.... That's very interesting, must take a picture of that!"
Sponge?! Where?! Oh... I see.... So it will keep the veggies fresh. Cool!
"So hot.... Where are we going next, teacher?"
"2 seeds is to ensure at least one seed will germinate in the cube. 3 or more will be overcrowding.."
"Oh... So this is how the veggies grow without soil. It's so clean and easy. Let's see if the cube can fit in the holes of the culture panels..."
Quick...Post...Shoot! Its cold here. Let's take a class photo in the Cold Room.

"To the Nutrient Mixing Room, class," answered Ernest.
Interactions between the students and the guide to understand the procedures for hydroponics cultivation in the farm.
"I have a question? There are only 2 seeds in each cube of sponge, why not 3 or more?"
"2 seeds is to ensure at least one seed will germinate in the cube. 3 or more will be overcrowding.."
Tony, our most experienced guide, demonstrated to the students how to grow hydroponics plants at home using recycling materials.
The best part of the tour... prizes up for grab. The fastest hand in the air gets to answer the question and if correctly answered, will get a prize from Tony.
Shopping time... At the end of the tour, the children browsed through the store...

"Wow...so many plants and so affordable...only $1 for 1 pot of Japanese Rose..."
"Aunty, Aunty, I want one of these..."
"Hmmm... so many different types of seeds...Which one should I buy? Lemon Balm? All?"
"Aha! I know what I want to buy already! I'm going to get Lemon Balm seeds."
Knowledge is Power. It is important for our young generation to have an early start in interactive learning. Through this tour, we hope to provide an opportunity for the young to interact with us, learn how vegetables can be grown without using soil, most of all without the use of harmful chemicals like pesticides.
"Aunty, Aunty, I want one of these..."
Text by : Ernest Chu Photos by : Oh' Farms
No comments:
Post a Comment